The Community Tax Law Project provides training aids and mentors to members of its Pro Bono Panel. CTLP also conducts occasional CLE/CPE training to its volunteers and to other tax practitioners.
CTLP’s most recent webinar, conducted on October 25, 2016, was made possible by the generous support of the law firms of McGuireWoods and Hunton & Williams. To view the webinar,
please click here.
Negotiating With the IRS
Taking Your Tax Dispute to an IRS Appeals Hearing
This webinar offers practical tips and insights to help you prepare for and effectively use the IRS appeals hearing process to dispute tax liabilities.
• Determining whether to participate in an appeals hearing
• Drafting a protest letter
• The changing landscape for partnership tax audits
• Conducting appeals hearings
• Recent tax court decisions
• When and how to engage the Taxpayer Advocate Service
• Robert L. Bryant, IRS Appeals Team Manager, Washington, DC
• Matthew S. Cooper, Senior Manager, Ernst & Young LLP
• Timothy B. Heavner, Associate Area Counsel SBSE, IRS
• Timothy L. Jacobs, Partner, Hunton & Williams LLP (Moderator)